Excursions in the region of Salzburg
Activities, sports, fun, educational and unique experiences
Go on a fascinating journey through the region of Salzburg. Whether insider tips or sights which are known worldwide – you certainly won’t get bored here!
Visit a castle or a museum or perhaps Salzburg‘s Getreidegasse or the Salzburg festival. Treat the kids to a visit to a zoo, a toboggan ride (winter and summer) or a leisure park. Relax by a lake or in the thermal baths, do some sport or go on a hike or go high alpine climbing. Explore the inside of the mountains – in a gorge, cave or mine whilst skiing on the glacier is also a memorable experience.
The hundreds of fascinating and exciting excursion possibilities will make your holiday seem too short. You will have to visit the Hotel Oberdanner in Saalbach Hinterglemm more often!
Our top 10 attractions:
- Hohensalzburg Fortress – 11th century castle and emblem of the city of Salzburg
- Mirabell Palace and Mirabell Gardens – UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Großglockner High Alpine Road – drive along Austria’s highest mountain
- Krimml Waterfalls – with a height of 385 m, the highest waterfalls in Austria
- Eisriesenwelt (“World of the Ice Giants”) – the biggest ice cave in the world – 42 km long!
- Kitzsteinhorn Glacier – vast expanse of ice in the Pinzgau region
- Mozart‘s birthplace – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart was born here in 1756
- Salzwelten Hallein – the world of salt mining in the region of Salzburg
- Hellbrunn castle and zoo - zoo, pleasure garden, grottos and water gardens
- Domquartier Salzburg – Baroque museum complex presenting Salzburg’s history across 1.3 km (tour)
- Vorderkaserklamm - Seisenbergklamm - Ofenloch - 2 gorges and a cave near to one another in the Pinzgau region
If you would like further information please ask at the reception!